Last updated August 2020
The Site is owned and operated by Akrea Ltd, (“Akrea Insurance”, “we,” “our” or “us”). Our business is to make protecting your business as simple as possible, with no hint of compromise on quality or cost. That being said, there are certain ways that we will use your Personal Data, which this policy explains in detail.
– Data collection that happens offline or outside of our Site (unless otherwise stated below).
– The data practices of third parties who may interact with our Site.
– Akrea Insurance is responsible for data we share with third parties in relation to our Site, but we are not responsible for any unauthorized or unofficial integrations that our customers create.
To get the full picture, you should also review our Terms & Conditions.
What information do we collect?
Information you give us
As you use the Site, we may ask you for personally identifiable information, like your name or email address. We will call this “Personal Information”. We may collect Personal Information through forms and other interactions on the Site.
We ask you for information to contact insurers that may fulfill your insurance needs. We have kept to a minimum the amount of “required” information that you need to provide us across our Site. If you do not want to provide us with certain information, it may therefore be impossible for us to provide all aspects of our service to you. We may store your Personal Information on our servers. In the event you make a purchase and authorize Akrea Insurance to use your credit or debit card information, we may save your payment information to allow for their use the next time you want to make a purchase from us.
Information collected as you use the site
We also collect information from across our Site. This enables us to see how people use our Site, and helps us in continually refining and enhancing our service. We may also use aggregated customer information to provide potential insurers with a general profile of people using our Site, and to analyze the effectiveness of our service to customers. None of this information can be related back to you as an individual.
We also take information as how long you have been on the Site and which pages you have visited. This helps us improve the services we provide to our customers.
Our vendors and we may also use tools like web beacons (“clear gifs”), scripts, and images to help manage site content and usage.
These technologies help us understand the performance and usefulness of content in the Site. We use these insights to improve the content and products offered through the Site.
Tracking Technologies used by our Site providers are not covered by this policy. We do not have control over them, but do screen to make sure they have acceptable policies before integrating.
We get your consent to our storage and collection Tracking Technologies in a few ways:
- Giving you the opportunity to choose to disable cookies.
FYI: We are not required to get consent for Tracking Technology that is strictly necessary to the Site. For example, using cookies as a way to improve security through fraud prevention.
Third Party Tracking
Akrea Insurance may use other Tracking Technologies (some that may not exist yet) in connection with the Site in the future.
“Do Not Track”
Some third parties have ways (e.g. Browser do-not-track signals) for users to control how online services collect their information. We do not currently take any action based on these signals; however this may change in the future.
How do we use information we collect?
If you fill in one of the forms on our Site, you provide Personal Information to us. The purpose of our Site is to connect you with different insurance organizations. In order to do this, we will pass the data you have provided to potential insurers. We may verify that your Personal Information is active and valid.
The success of the Site is based on us finding companies that can meet your financial needs. To do this we need to share the information you provide to us on the Site. We therefore may disclose your Personal Information to third parties who wish to provide you with quotes for products or services related to the request you have submitted on the Site. We will also disclose your information to suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf. We will also use information internally in the administration of this Site. We may also provide marketing information to those organizations who have introduced your inquiry to us.
We will not, without permission, willfully disclose a participant’s financial information to any third party except as provided herein, or when we believe in good faith that law or regulation requires it.
When you contact us, we will use that information only for reasons connected with your request. Not all information submitted on the Site via a “contact us” form or other similar inquiry method may receive a response.
When do we share information with third parties?
We may also disclose your information as follows:
– Requested Third Parties: Our Site may present options to receive certain information or marketing from third parties. By completing a form on the Site, you will have us send (or give access to) certain information to third parties. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to those third parties. All information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices.
– Site Providers: We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Site. A few examples include hosting the Site, analytics, and other administrative services. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party analytics service providers such as Google Analytics and other service providers may set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, potentially including Personal Information, about you. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them, nor are we responsible for the effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them.
– Legal Requirements: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we may also disclose your information if we believe in good faith that doing so is necessary or appropriate to: (i) protect or defend the rights, safety or property of Akrea Insurance or third parties (including through the enforcement of this Policy, our Terms and Conditions, and other applicable agreements and policies); or (ii) comply with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g., pursuant to law enforcement inquiries, subpoenas or court orders). To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we have complete discretion in electing to make or not make such disclosures, and to contest or not contest requests for such disclosures, without notice to you.
– Business Transfers: We may share your Personal Information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates (“Affiliates”). We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Site or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
Third party content and sites
The Site may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect information when pages from the Site are served to you. In addition, when you are on the Site you may be directed to other sites that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties or their sites and they may be tracking you across multiple sites and may be sharing the results of that tracking with us and/or others. For example, if you click on a link, the click may take you off the Site onto a different site. These other sites may associate their Tracking Technologies with you, independently collect data about you, including Personal Information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We encourage you to note when you leave our Site and to review the third-party privacy policies of all third-party websites and exercise caution in connection with them.
Changing information and communication preferences
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. The Site may allow you to review, correct or update Personal Information you have provided through the Site’s forms or otherwise, and you may provide changes by contacting us. If so, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records). Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. When you edit your Personal Information or change your preferences on the Site, information that you remove may persist internally for Akrea Insurance’s administrative purposes.
At the point of submitting your personal details, we collect your email address to enable insurance organizations to contact you. Additionally, this allows Akrea Insurance’s customer service team to get in touch if any more information is needed. You may request not to receive future communications, do so by contacting us at email@example.com or using the details set out below.
Our Site is operated in the European Union. If you are located outside of the European Union, please be aware that information we collect, including Personal Information, will be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the European Union. The data protection laws in the European Union may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your Personal Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the European Union according to laws of the respective European Union Member States.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
We make every effort to use commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can guarantee to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
Contacting Akrea Insurance
or at our mailing address:
16A Srebarna lipa Str.,
1619 Sofia, Bulgaria
Anyone can bring up privacy complaints directly to us at the contact above and we will respond within 15 days.
What happens when this policy changes?